1. Lund is one of the oldest cities in Sweden, which can be traced back to Uppåkra settlement in around 100 BC.
2. Lund (and also other parts of Skåne) was once part of Denmark before the Treaty of Roskilde was signed in 1658.
3. Famous as a Christian town at that time, Lund used to have tens of churches scattered around the city, including the most prominent one: Lunds Domkyrka.
4. Lund was suffered from fires and on-and-off battles between Denmark and Sweden in the past. Luckily, the streets in Lund are still following the medieval layout until now.
5. Lund is the home for one of the oldest universities in Sweden, Lund’s University, that is unarguably famous for its innovation and technology and is consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities.
6. Lund is also where Kulturen, the second largest open-air museum in Sweden, is located.
7. Lund is the number one city of bike in Sweden. Indeed, biking is one of the best ways to explore Lund.
8. Lund is conveniently located in the southern part of Sweden and can be reached only in 35 minutes travel by train from Copenhagen airport.
9. Lund has numerous interesting museums such as Historical Museum, Water Science Centre and Museum of Sketches for Public Art to name but few.
10. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, Lund is beautiful in any season.